Jennifer Lopez is one of my favorite celebrities. She has the grace and sophistication reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour. She looks fabulous 24/7.
Her hair and makeup in the recently concluded Golden Globe Awards 2011 inspired me to channel ala JLo look today. It's fab, fun and easy.
Let's begin the process:
1. Prep your face. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, followed with toner and moisturizer.
2. Apply face foundation. I suggest using a face primer prior to applying liquid foundation so your makeup last longer. This also helps create a flawless canvass for your makeup.
3. If you have dark under eye circles, dab concealer under the eye area.
4. Apply eyeshadow. I suggest using eye primer prior to applying eye shadow to prevent smudging and creasing.
5. For the eyeshadows, select colors that have silver/gunmetal, vanilla/shimmer cream colors. You have the option to use pressed powder or loose powder eyeshadow type.
6. Apply the lighter shade (shimmer cream/vanilla) from the inner corner of the eye, up to midline. Apply same shade below arch of eyebrow and tear duct.
7. Blend a darker shade (silver/gray/gunmetal) from the outer corner of the eye, up to midline. The lighter and darker shades should meet. With your eye blending brush, blend the darker shade upward with light strokes.
8. Line your upper lash line with waterproof liquid eyeliner. Create a small wing effect on the outer corner. (Optional) Line your lower lashline with black eye pencil.
9. Curl your eyelash. Apply 4 coats of mascara. (Optional) Wear fake eyelashes for more dramatic effect.
10. Apply light pink blush. Smile to locate the apple of your cheeks.
11. Fill your lips with nude lip pencil. Apply nude lip gloss over it.
1. Pony tail your hair.
2. Get a small portion of your hair to tie it around the base. Secure with bobby pins.
3. Finish off with hair spray.
My own rendition....
|Click image to zoom
Wanna know the makeups I used? These are for illustration purposes only. Feel free to use your own.
|Click image to zoom.
1. Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+ Foundation 2. Kryolan Blush on 3 e.l.f. lip gloss
4. Estee Lauder lip pencil 5 Urban Decay Loose Pigment (Gunmetal) 6. Urban Decay Loose Pigment (Yeyo) 7 Maybelline mascara 8 Urban Decay black eyeliner 9 Sephora cream shimmer
10 e.l.f. eyelash curler 11. Scotch tape- used to pick up eye shadow fallouts!
I learned this trick from a MUA. Use a clear scotch tape to pick up eyeshadow fallouts from your face. Don't brush these "crumbs" off as they will stain your makeup. Neat huh?!
Going out on a date? Attending a corporate function? Rock this look!
Fab and glam. Oh-lala!
*Get inspired* "Sometimes good things happen to those who wait. But better things happen to those who have faith"